Happy National Margarita Day. Here are some weird-as-hell margs.
Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots.
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Empty out the strawberries.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- 8 ounces tequila
- 6 ounce Cointreau
- Salt for garnish
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquour mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquour mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
(Source: , via trophywife)
Watermelon Margarita Shots / Watermelon Shot Glasses.
Ingredients & Measurements:
- 12 Watermelon Shot Glasses (See Below)
- 1 1/2 oz. Tequila
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. Sweet & Sour Mix
- 1 small Watermelon Slice
- 1/4 Lime
Cut watermelon off of the rind and place into shaker with lime. Muddle. Add tequila, triple sec, and sweet and sour mix. Shake with ice. STrain into measuring cup and pour into watermelon shot glasses.
How To Make Watermelon Shot Glasses:
Scoop out watermelon balls with a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scooper. Cut a small slice off the bottom. Use a mellon baller to scoop the insides out from the top, be careful so you don’t puncture.
(Source: , via itspartyrehab)
Buffalo Chicken Rolls (Sorry for the crappy picture of a picture on my computer, check the recipe for better)
these look absolutely perfect.
I got inspired by eggs I found on Pintrest this morning, so I decided to embellish them and create my own recipe.
Ingredients: low calorie bagel, avocado, eggs, fresh colored pepper, jalapenos and lemon juice.
Start with olive oil spray in a pan and start cooking the peppers.
Crack two eggs directly into the pepper slices. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cook on medium until there is little to no liquid in the eggs.
Toast a bagel and then use 1/4 of a medium sized avocado on each side.
Squeeze lemon juice over the bagel and avocado
Add jalapenos, if you like it hot.
Place the egg on top of the bagel.
Serves 2 (one bagel half each)
About 270 calories.
3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 ct)
60 pepperoni slices (2 per biscuit)
Block of cheese (Colby/Monterey Jack or Cheese Stick)
1 beaten egg
1 jar pizza sauce
Slice cheese into approx. 28 squares (or if using cheese stix, cut in 3rds). Flatten each biscuit and stack pepperoni and cheese on top. Gather edges of biscuit and secure on top of ‘roll’. Line rolls in greased 9x13 pan. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning & garlic powder. Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
DIY Naturally Flavored Herb and Fruit Water Recipes. Lots of tips for making this cheap alternative to soda with simple recipes like: watermelon rosemary, pineapple mint, blackberry sage and others. Recipes and instructions from The Yummy Life here.
S’mores Shots in Chocolate Shot Glass.
What you need:
- 10-12 oz. dark chocolate
- Shot Glass Mold (Like this: http://astore.amazon.com/spabettie-20/detail/B000I1UTNE)
- 2-3 tablespoons Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 4 oz. Chocolate vodka
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp Whip Cream
How to make:
Shot glasses (make a day ahead):
In medium saucepan, melt dark chocolate over medium heat. Spoon into shot glass mold, let cool. Place in refrigerator to set, preferably overnight. Makes four chocolate glasses.
Stir vanilla into whip cream.
Pulse 2-3 graham crackers in food processor to a fine crumb (or use store bought crumbs), pour onto a flat plate. Wet the rim of each chocolate shot glass with water, roll in graham crumbs. Pour 1 ounce chocolate vodka into each shot glass, top with vanilla whip.
Shot Tectonics, The Science of layered Shooters! (tutorial)
Drunken Gummy Bears
What you need to make them:
- Alcohol of your choice
- Bowl (with a lid is optional)
- Gummy Bears
How to make them:
Put your gummy bears (or other gummy candy) in a bowl of your choice. Pour the liquor you are using into the bowl and cover about a 3/4 inch over the top of the gummy bears. You can put a lid on them or leave them uncovered if you would like. These MUST be left in the fridge, if not they will fall apart and turn into a huge glob of goo. The minimum to soak these is about 5 days, but the longer the better for them! Make sure to stir them 1-2 times daily to get them evened out.
- You can use ANY kind of alcohol to make these.
- Use flavored alcohol to make them even yummier!
- 7-10 equal a shot of the liquor you are using.
- Yes, they will get you drunk - they are soaked in alcohol! ;)
- They will stay good in the fridge for a very long time!
- Serve them with a toothpick for cleaner eating.
What they look like when they are done:
(left is unsoaked - right is soaked in vodka)
Kickass Cupcakes of the Day: Are you ready for some cupcakes? Super Bowl snack-themed cupcakes, that is!
Mix it up this Sunday with a batch of blue cheese buttercream frosted Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes from Cupcake Project.
They’re supposedly good!
Or if spicy cupcakes aren’t quite your thing, you could always try Sweet Simple Stuff’s Nacho Cupcakes instead.
They’re actually chocolate-flavored!
Or maybe just stick to traditional snacks what do I care it’s your party.
Forget blah, unoriginal jello shots and try this new concoction posted by The Jello Shot Test Kitchen. Choosing the right flavor is no longer a problem.Rainbow Jelly ShooterSuggested pan: 9” x 13” cake pan, or moldsYield: about 45 jelly shotsGarnish: Maraschino cherries, if desiredIf flexible silicon molds are used, prepare the molds with a quick spray or wipe of vegetable oil, then wipe the molds clean with a clean paper towel. This will leave a slight residue to assist in unmolding, but will not affect the taste or appearance of your jelly shots.Red Layer
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1 box 3 oz box cherry or strawberry gelatin dessert
- 1 cup flavored vodka (we recommend Hangar One, Buddha’s Hand citrus infused vodka, but your favorite will work just fine!)Pour water in small saucepan, sprinkle with Knox gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the gelatin dessert mix, stir until dissolved. Stir in the vodka. Pour into pan and refrigerate until fully set, about an hour.Yellow Layer
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1 box 3 oz box lemon gelatin dessert
- 1 cup flavored vodka (we recommend Hangar One, Buddha’s Hand citrus infused vodka, but your favorite will work just fine!)Pour water in small saucepan, sprinkle with Knox gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the gelatin dessert mix, stir until dissolved. Stir in the vodka. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, then pour over the set red layer and refrigerate until fully set, about an hour.(Note, if you are garnishing with maraschino cherries, add them immediately after the yellow layer is poured in. Cut the very bottoms off the cherries so they will stand upright.)Blue Layer
- 1 cup water
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1 box 3 oz box Berry Blue gelatin dessert
- 1 cup flavored vodka (we recommend Hangar One, Buddha’s Hand citrus infused vodka, but your favorite will work just fine!)Pour water in small saucepan, sprinkle with Knox gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the gelatin dessert mix, stir until dissolved. Stir in the vodka. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, then pour over the set red and yellow layers and refrigerate until fully set, several hours or overnight. (Its ideal to let this chill overnight so the layers can fully bond.)